Artifact 1



This is my First Artifact.




SHAKESPEARE'S MACBETH


I teach sophomore English 2 at Naperville North High School and one of our units is Macbeth. I created a Google site that provides information on the play Macbeth. The first page has images of Shakespeare and the play. I also included some information on themes as the main focus of the unit is to discover the many themes in Macbeth and how Shakespeare crafts these themes. At the bottom of the first page there is a Google document which allows students to collaborate when identifying themes. At the end of the page is a short video discussing themes (contains spoilers).

The second page of my Macbeth site has information about Shakespeare. There is a video and an article that provides some insight to the life of Shakespeare. I also included a collaborative piece in a Google document. After students have read the article and watched the video, they collaborate on what they've learned and what they still have questions about regarding Shakespeare. We will discuss what we have learned and answer remaining questions during the reading of the play and throughout the unit.

The third page of the Macbeth site has basic information that students may find useful including definitions of theme, tragedy and iambic pentameter. The last page of the site is the reference page for copyright purposes.

I included this artifact on my blog because after having read the play the past few years I think this site will be very helpful for students. I also like the collaboration aspects of the site. Students have a space to collaborate while reading the play. I plan to add more collaboration components as we begin the unit. I enjoy using Google sites to create lessons for students and I also like to have students use Google sites to create and show their learning. It takes a little maneuvering of the tools, but Google sites is intuitive and quick to learn. The only challenge, albeit small, is it can be a bit time-consuming, but once you have created a site, you have a permanent resource you can adjust as you use throughout the years.

I plan on using this Macbeth site in my classroom when we study the play. I will use it to introduce the concept of theme as well as an introduction of Shakespeare himself. The collaborative theme document will be used throughout the unit while the collaborative Shakespeare facts will be used at the beginning. I will most likely adjust by adding links or more collaborative components.



[Shakespeare]. (n.d.). Retrieved July 11, 2017, 

          from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Hw-shakespeare.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

EEND 677 Artifact 1

EEND 678 Artifact 2